SECTOR: MIXED USE
PROJECT: EXPO 2020
SERVICE: TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT
Al Futtaim Carillion (AFC) was awarded this Dh2.2 billion contract to build the three main Theme Districts at the Dubai Expo 2020 site. The contract, one of the main packages to be awarded at the site, was to erect the Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability districts.
The districts, and the buildings within them, have a floor area of 220,000 SQ/M that not only houses the UAE’s three main pavilions but also a total of approximately 136 pavilions that are used by participating countries, non-governmental organizations and commercial partners.
Core Emirates was appointed by Al Futtaim Construction (formally Al Futtaim Carillion). This scope covered all Districts and specifically focused on the review of technical documentation to provide AFC a detailed Gap Analyses.
Our scope covered the following topics:
- Specifications Technical Reviews vs contract documents
- Main Contractor S of W vs MEP Contractor Technical Review of submittals
- MEP drawings Technical review
- MEP Contractors Exclusions against contract deliverables
- MEP Contractors Value Engineering proposals
- MEP Contractors Alternative Offers
- MEP Material schedules Technical reviews
- Pre-commissioning/3rd party reviews MEP proposals
- MEP Contractors Method Statements & Risk Assessments
Core Emirates added value by completing these works, moreover the output from our report gave guidance both technically and commercially to AFC and their supply chain.